Each VERDE Server includes an integrated connection broker, a hypervisor to run VDI sessions, and a single management console (VERDE Management Console).
Up to 10,000 servers can be clustered with the VERDE stateless cluster algorithm to provide a highly scalable VDI solution that can support up to one million users.
The VERDE Gold Image model enables creation and management of a few desktop images that are accessed by any number of users. VERDE supports Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and different Linux desktops from the same infrastructure. Users run a non-persistent copy of the Gold Image with all of their personal settings and documents written to a separate persistent disk.
This model reduces the number of images to manage, which reduces storage and maintenance costs. Because images are read-only, this solution provides native malware resistance to all desktop sessions.
A single web-based VERDE Management Console provides centralized Gold Image management to create, publish, update, clone, and delete images. The VERDE Management Console enables granular desktop security and session policies based on Active Directory or any other directory server.
End user desktop sessions are started through the VERDE User Console and the VERDE Client. The VERDE User Console is now HTML5-based and can be utilized without installing additional software to the client.
VERDE Cloud Branch solution provides a LAN experience to branch office users. This eliminates the need to connect over slow or unreliable WAN connections. The VERDE Cloud Branch Server connects to the central VERDE Cluster and Gold Image repository to replicate the Gold Images and subsequent updates. The virtual desktop sessions are served locally from the VERDE Cloud Branch Server(s). Gold Images updates can also be performed from the Branch Server. Changes are then synchronized with the image at the data center.
- Directory Servers. VERDE integrates with LDAP-compliant directory servers that are deployed inside the data center. Administrators can assign Gold Images to directory users or groups. When users log into VERDE, they are authorized to use one of the Gold Image sessions.
- Shared Storage. VERDE connects to NAS shared storage. Shared Storage acts as the repository for VERDE Cluster settings, Gold Master Images, and the user’s personal data such as documents, settings, and profiles.
The VERDE solution does not require an external database.
NComputing's RX300 provides a single vendor end point that is designed and supported as a complement to the VERDE VDI software. The RX300 supports RDP, HTML5, and UXP protocol for all VERDE supported Windows desktops. In addition to standard protocol based desktop support, the RX300 is bundled with support for the NComputing VCast video streaming acceleration when combined with the Google Chrome browser. Remote management, software and firmware updates can be deployed remotely to all devices registered with the NComputing Pi Management Console.
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit)
- Red Hat & CentOS 6.6 - 6.9
- Ubuntu 12.04 - 16.04
- HTML 5 enabled Web Browsers
- NComputing's award-winning RX-300 Thin Clients
- Ask your NComputing representative for other currently supported devices.