The VERDE client is an alternative to the VERDE User Console. It is installed with the VERDE Client Software Tools. If you configured VERDE using General Settings, Windows tools and the VERDE Client can be updated automatically.
Linux and MAC tools and the client are verified to ensure you're using the latest version.
MAC clients can only run guest sessions from the VERDE Client. Sessions cannot be launched from the VERDE User Console.
Perform the following steps to launch a desktop from the VERDE Client:
- After VERDE Client Software Tools are installed on a client machine, double-click the VERDE Client desktop icon.
- In the field under "Connection Server," enter the URL for the server on which this user can run sessions.
- Under "Username", enter the username. If the user account resides on an LDAP server, the entry is
user@<name>, where ,
<name>is the name specified when the server was added on the LDAP Servers screen.
- Enter the account password.
- For Linux Clients Only. If you are on a Linux client, you will also see a "Domain" field where you'll need to apply the domain name of the server. You can select a domain name from the drop-down list. If the drop-down list is empty, an administrator will need to run an executable through the command line on the VERDE server to provide domain name options.
- Select "Login." The desktops that have been assigned to this user will be listed.
- Select the desktop to launch. If necessary, adjust the connection speed, fullscreen mode, and the preferred protocol.
- Select "Login."
The VERDE Client can be customized to reflect the preferences of an organization and the default settings displayed to users. For example, the window title and default protocol settings can be configured. The VERDE Client can also be started from the command line with a set of configuration options. Review the table for Installation locations.
-? for a complete list of command and configuration options.