The Gold Images screen enables the creation and management of Gold Images. A table displays the list of existing Gold Images and the status for each one. The name, operating system, virtual session settings, owner, status (New, New Install Complete, or Published), and actions that can be performed for each Gold Image are listed.
- To create a new Gold Image, select "CREATE NEW."
- Enter the Gold Image name with no spaces or commas in the field provided.
- (Optional) Enter the Gold Image title and description. The title is displayed to end users who access this image through the VERDE login screen on the user console or VERDE client. If you leave this field blank, the system will automatically use the image name as the title.
- Choose the operating system from the drop-down list and select "Next" to continue to the next step.
- Beside "Installation Media," select the method for which you will be using to install the Gold Image. Your options include: PXE (Linux only), CD/DVD Drive, or Image File.
- Beside "System Image Max Size (GB)," select the maximum amount allowed for the guest’s virtual C: (system) drive volume size from the drop-down list. The table below lists the different operating systems and their maximum image size.
Maximum Image Size
Maximum Image Size
Operating System Default Image Max Size Linux 12 GB
Windows Servers 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016
Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- In the drop-down beside "Session Settings," select the setting you wish to apply to the Gold Image.
- Select "NEXT."
- A new dialogue window will open that will allow you to select groups or users that will have access to this image. Groups and users are broken up into two panels. The actions listed below are relevant for both panels:
- Perform a search for groups or users. Type the name of a group or user in the field beside "Search by," then click "Search." The search results will appear in the table below.
- Add access. Choose "Select" beside the group or user name. Observe that the group or user will then be visible in the "Selected" tables.
- Remove access. In the "Selected" table, click "Remove" by the name of the group or user.
The accounts selected must have the Gold Images ownership permission. If an account is not selected, ownership of the image is assigned to the creator of the image.
- Select "CREATE NEW IMAGE."
- A notification displays instructions for installing the Gold Image. Read the instructions, then select "CLOSE." The structure of the Gold Image has now been created on the server. The image is listed with the status "New" until the operating system is installed and the Gold Image is published.