Start the virtual machine by logging into the VERDE User Console. The first time the virtual desktop is started, the application will recommend configuring the following:
- Activate the installation if required (Windows systems).
- For Windows 2008 Server R2, 7, 8.1, and 10, see Windows Activation Tasks.
- Configure the image for best performance.
- Confirm the anti-virus software has VERDE processes listed as trusted.
- Linux configures the Gnome Display Manager (GDM) to automatically log in the non-root user created during installation.
See Making Changes to a Gold Image before attempting to adjust settings to the Gold Image. Once changes are complete, check in the image.