It's important that Java automatic updates are disabled in the Gold Image. To ensure disablement is in effect, perform the following steps:
- Check out and start the Gold Image.
- Open the Java Control Panel —> Update tab and disable "Check for Updates Automatically."
- Select "Apply" and then "OK."
- Automatic updates must also be disabled in the guest. This action can be performed from the Windows registry in the Gold Image. Open the Windows registry and search for the following key:
- Set "EnableJavaUpdate" to "0."
These settings must be reconfigured any time after a Java update is allowed.