If the VERDE server is upgraded from a previous installation, Gold Images can be imported or transferred. If upgrading, Gold Images can be imported through the VERDE Management Console.
For the VERDE Management Console to recognize an image as a qualified candidate to import, the Gold Image must reside in
/home/vb-verde/verde-orgs/org-0/users/0local/<administrator>. The Gold Image can reside in any console administrator directory.
- If the home directory exists on a cluster server, the directory is stored on the shared storage.
- If the home directory exists on a single server, the directory is stored on the host server’s hard drive.
The structure of a Gold Image is a directory whose name is the name of the Gold Image itself (such as Windows 7). The directory contains the image files and configuration files. If copying Gold Image directories to a new location, copy all contents of each directory. (There are hidden files in these directories. Confirm all contents are copied.)
Importing gold images into a tenant organization requires copying files into the organization's directory structure.
- On the Organizations screen, locate the ID of the organization, for example org-7.
- In the VERDE Management Console, switch context to the organization and select on the Gold Images screen. This creates the directory structure for the Gold Image.
- Copy the gold image folder (WIN7, for example) to:
The organization ID is present twice in this path. It specifies a directory inside
verde-orgs and is used a second time as a "qualifier" for the Gold Image name.
- After copying directories to the new location, change the ownership of the folder to the VERDE Management Console user
(vb-verde). Then, import the images with the VERDE Management Console.
- If VERDE detects existing images on the server, the "IMPORT" button is activated. Select "IMPORT" and the images will be imported. The operation takes a few seconds. The imported image is listed as "NEW" in the list of Gold Images. (After successfully importing the gold images, refer to the "Upgrading Gold Images Guest Drivers" section to upgrade the guest tools.)