Perform the following Linux activation tasks:
- Set the VERDE server to automatically log in as the VERDE system user.
- Check out the Gold Image and start it with the VERDE User Console.
- In Ubuntu, either select System > Administration > Login screen or run the following command with root privileges:
- When finished, shut down the virtual desktop.
Ubuntu 12.04 32- and 64-bit guests support USB redirection with the following steps:
- After completing the Gold Image installation and running the post installation script, launch the desktop as an administrator.
- As root enter the following commands:
- Shut down the desktop. USB is enabled in the guest from the next session start, . Confirm that any applied Session Settings have been USB-enabled.
CentOS/RHEL 6.x 32- and 64-bit guests support USB redirection with the following steps:
- Complete the Gold Image installation and launch the desktop as root.
- Either disable the firewall or open port
48666/tcpon the firewall.
- Apply the changes.
- Open a terminal window, and enter the commands:
yum update kernel
- After the image restarts, open a terminal and enter the command:
yum install kernel-devel gcc
- Shut down the image.
- Check the image into the VERDE Management Console. Confirm all applied Session Settings have been USB-enabled.
Users can increase their screen resolution if the CentOS/RHEL QXL driver is updated in the Gold Image.
To update the QXL driver and the SPICE vdagent, follow these steps:
- From the Management Console, check out the CentOS/RHEL 6 (64) image.
- Log into a User Console and start the CentOS/RHEL 6 64 bit image using SPICE.
- Download the
xorg-x11-drv-qxl-0.0.12-9.el6.x86_64.rpmfile from the NComputing Support screen, or from the RPM Web site.
- Select the link:
CentOS/RHEL 6: ftp.CentOS.org/6.1/os/x86_64/Packages/xorg-x11-drv-qxl-0.0.12-9.el6.x86_64.rpm
- Install the file inside the CentOS/RHEL 6 Gold image.
- Run the following commands:
yum install spice-vdagent
chkconfig spice-vdagentd on
- Restart the Gold Image. Once the session has started, users can increase their resolution up to 2560 x 1600.