This section discusses system requirements for the VERDE clustering components. The following should be considered prior to installing VERDE:
- Multiple cluster master candidates can be configured.
- Confirm that the DNS entries for host names exist on the DNS server.
- During cluster set up when using Network File System (NFS) export,
no_root_squashis required to allow clients to connect.
- The role of each node is configured in the VERDE Menu or from the VERDE config script.
- The VERDE license is managed centrally from the VERDE Management Console for the entire cluster, not at the node level.
- If the node will function as a cluster master candidate and a VDI server, the node needs to meet both sets of requirements.
|CLUSTER MASTER SYSTEM||
Linux server with 64-bit x86 Intel or AMD processor. See "Supported Platforms" in the Configuration Planning and Installation Guide for more details.
8 GB RAM minimum.
Ethernet networking (Gigabit recommended).
10 GB free local storage minimum.
If the cluster master is running as a standalone, not combined with a VDI node, it can run in a virtual machine.
|VDI SERVER SYSTEM|| Linux server with 64-bit x86 Intel or AMD processor, VT/AMD-V capable, multiple sockets (multiple cores per socket). See "Supported Platforms" and "Sizing for Desktops" in the Configuration Planning and Installation Guide for more details.
8 GB RAM minimum for the system in addition to the RAM required for the guest sessions.
Ethernet networking (multiple adapters with gigabyte or faster capacity recommended).The Gold Images and user data are stored on the shared storage, but it is recommended to use the local server drive for optimal and transient storage. See "Shared Storage Planning" in the Configuration Planning and Installation Guide for more details.
Any LDAP-compliant platform, including Microsoft Active Directory
Gigabit, or faster, networking capacity.
The AD server can be run as a VM in a VERDE Desktop VM using Microsoft Server 2012 R2 or Server 2016 as the desktop. Contact NComputing supportfor more details.