The number of AMP seats to purchase is based on the number of peak concurrent users who will be accessing VERDE at any one time.
VERDE AMP provides access to our standard support offerings of online KB and unlimited ticket submissions, phone and chat access to VERDE support technicians, access to VERDE upgrades, a web-based end-point device management platform and all firmware upgrades for the RX300 and RXRDP thin clients.
VERDE supports Windows and Linux based desktop OS’s as equal citizens and these desktop VMs can be run simultaneously in any VERDE based host system. Currently, we support Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 as either 32-bit or 64-bit desktop implementations. Windows Server 2008, 2012r2 and Server 2016 are also supported when running in Desktop Experience Mode. For Linux desktops, we support Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, Mint and Linux Lite desktops as well.
VERDE 8.2 is currently hosted on Red Hat or Centos 6.9 or CentOS 7.5 servers.
VERDE provides a downloadable software client application that allows any PC, Mac, or Linux desktop to connect and authenticate to a VERDE host system.
We also support the VERDE client tools on our RX300 and RX-RDP thin clients as well as third party Windows or Linux embedded thin clients. Clientless access to VERDE is supported via any HTML5 compliant browser.
VERDE 8.2 installation options include:
- RPM packages compatible with CentOS 6.9 / 7.5
- RPM packages compatible with CentOS 7.5 with GPU support (GPU support requires CentOS 7.5 or better)
- VERDEOS ISO package built on CentOS 7.5 (burn to DVD)
- VERDEOS IMG package build on CentOS 7.5 (save to USB stick)
The RPM packages provide a more flexible installation as you have more control of the OS packages installed beyond the minimum install of CentOS. This is the recommended installation package for production systems.
NComputing provides VERDE release notes, documentation for configuration sizing, installation planning, and detailed installation steps to help you get started. A VERDE 8.2 administration guide is also available at the same time that describes how to create gold images, administer users and sessions. In addition to downloadable PDF documentation an online, searchable, version of these documents is available on our website.
A VERDE VDI 8.2 trial download can be obtained by filling out this form on the NComputing website. Based on this request, we will contact you with a download redemption key that use when you login to our management portal and go to the VERDE download page. VERDE comes with a 30-day / 10-seat trial license activated upon installation.
VERDE can be downloaded as a trial version but requires a per concurrent seat license for any connections past the initial trial. Contact NComputing or your local reseller to obtain an access key to obtain a copy of the VERDE 8.2 software.
- Support for CentOS 7.5+ and continued support for CentOS 6.9
- GPU Support: Virtual GPU (GRID) and GPU Passthrough Supported
- Registration and Licensing Enhancements
- Offline license registration
- Delayed license registration (during trial period)
- Built in free trial of a 30-day 10-seat license
- Server Resource Overload Prevention: VERDE will not schedule workload on cluster master if it is determined that an additional VDI session would overload the cluster master’s server resources