NComputing has delivered more than 3 million low-cost thin clients worldwide. Our latest, the RX300, is built for productivity using the latest Raspberry Pi 3 platform.
Designed and optimized specifically for NComputing’s award-winning vSpace Pro desktop virtualization solution, the RX300 is cloud-ready and provides a rich PC-like experience. RX300 features full-screen, full-motion HD multimedia playback with vCAST direct streaming technology support, built-in transparent USB redirection achieving unparalleled peripheral support, WiFi, and optional access to Linux Raspbian OS managed by the IT admin.
The RX300 provides a simple-to-deploy, centrally managed, high-performance virtual desktop, perfect for use in SMB and education.
Ready to get started? We are here to help.
Lowest Initial Cost of any NComputing Thin Client
Provisioned access to both vSpace and Raspbian Linux OS
Transparent USB Redirection
Dual monitor capability
Less than 5W power consumption
DELIVER THE LATEST WINDOWS DESKTOP EXPERIENCE
Fully optimized for vSpace Pro 11, RX300 delivers virtual desktops from 10 popular Windows operating systems, including Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
Cloud-Ready with vCAST streaming support
vCAST reduces the overall server-side CPU usage when watching web videos like YouTube or your local media content without the need for expensive GPUs. This allows for higher quality media streaming utilizing network bandwidth without CPU bottlenecks, thereby supporting more concurrent users.
CENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT & EXPRESS DEPLOYMENT
The RX300 is easy to configure and automatically receives updates from deployed vSpace Pro 11 servers. Administrators may define a device template with all settings and configurations, then clone and push it to new devices. All can be centrally managed and provisioned by the IT admin with vSpace Pro, allowing control of hundreds of RX300 devices with just a few clicks. Users are always up-to-date with the latest technology.
BROAD USB PERIPHERAL SUPPORT
With integrated transparent USB redirection, RX300 utilizes device drivers from the server side to provide extensive peripheral support including mass storage, printers, scanners, card readers, headsets or speakers, webcams, and COM ports in addition to the standard keyboard and mouse.
DUAL MONITOR DISPLAY CAPABILITY
With secondary display capability via NComputing's USB dongle (VGA or DVI) there is added screen real-estate for increased productivity.
Customizable flexible deployment through ethernet or Wi-Fi connections
RX300 comes with built-in 10/100 Ethernet and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n). Organizations are no longer bound to the wiring infrastructure and can deploy RX300 in any location with Wi-Fi access to deliver the desktop experience.
- Power in (5.1V micro USB)
- HDMI video output
- Speaker jack (16bit/44kHz/Stereo high quality audio)
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet RJ45 port
- 4 High-Speed USB 2.0 ports with full USB redirection support (2 required for mouse and keyboard)
- Kensington security port
- Sleep mode button disables display output for power saving mode
RASPBIAN LINUX MODE SUPPORT FOR ADDED FLEXIBILITY
RX300 comes equipped with both a ‘Thin Client Mode’ and ‘Raspbian Linux Mode.’ Use the RX300 as a locked down thin client with connections to vSpace Pro 11 and Verde VDI, or as a Raspberry Pi 3 device allowing direct access to Raspbian Linux OS and its popular games (Minecraft), how-to-code applications (Scratch, Python and Java) and productivity tools.
Ready to get started? We are here to help.
What's in the Box?
The RX300 thin client, power cord, and quick start guide.
RX300 is a cloud-ready, Wi-Fi enabled thin client for Windows and Linux, built on the latest Raspberry Pi 3 platform and optimized for vSpace Pro and VERDE VDI.
Easy deployment and central management of the virtual desktop environment make the RX300 ideal in SMBs and education. The compact RX300 device offers the lowest acquisition cost of NComputing’s product families.
RX300 features full-screen, full-motion HD multimedia playback with built-in transparent USB redirection achieving unparalleled peripheral support, and optional access to Linux Raspbian OS managed by the IT admin. Dual Monitor Support allows an added screen for increased productivity (requires additional hardware module).
- Latest Windows OS in a desktop virtualization environment (supports 10 popular Windows OSes)
- Easy to deploy, Wi-Fi enabled, central management & low acquisition cost
The RX300 can take advantage of all the benefits of AMP for vSpace Pro 11:
- vCAST Streaming: Reduces server-side CPU for web videos and local media content, enabling more concurrent users on your system.
- Broadcasting: Extends the MultiView feature by providing screen sharing functionality, allowing one screen to be broadcast to others. Instructors or team leaders can broadcast their screen, or a student's screen, to everyone else. Perfect for presentations, sharing local or web videos, or highlighting other content within a group.
- Smart Cards: Enhanced smart card reader support for single sign-on, access control or other security-related measures. vSpace Pro 11 supports up to 10 connected CCID-compliant smart card readers per vSpace Server. AMP for vSpace Pro unlocks extended smart card support, removing the 10 reader limit.
- Health Monitoring: Monitor your Windows and vSpace resource utilization through the cloud dashboard. See key health metrics including memory usage, connected servers, CPU utilization, and active users, available for up to 30 days of historical data in 24-hour, 7-day and 30-day increments. Receive real-time alerts on excessive usage with the NComputing Health Monitor companion mobile app (android only).
Refer to the Quick Installation Guide
Users create virtual sessions by connecting over LAN or Wi-Fi in Thin Client Mode to host machines with Windows or Linux OS running vSpace Pro. If the RX300 is switched to Raspbian Desktop Mode, users can access the Raspbian OS and its available programs. This includes the Linux-based Raspbian OS to run local applications including programming environments (Scratch, Python, Java), office programs (Libre Office) and gaming (Minecraft).
The RX300 is only compatible with vSpace Pro 10.3 or later, including the newly released vSpace Pro 11. Please refer to the vSpace OS compatibility matrix document for details.
Firmware updates are included by downloading the latest version of vSpace Pro.
RX300 firmware can be updated through the following mechanism:
- Firmware update through FTP server; this can be configured in the RX300 local menu or from vSpace Console menu
- Firmware update through vSpace Pro server; this can be configured directly from the vSpace Console menu. Firmware update can be applied to all selected RX300 devices
Width: 76 mm / 3 inches, Depth: 93 mm / 3.7 inches, Height : 30 mm /1.2 inches. It can fit smoothly in your pocket.
The warranty for the RX300 is one year from the time of registering with vSpace Server. An optional extended hardware warranty is available and can be purchased through an NComputing reseller or via the Management Portal with a credit card. The extended warranty is only eligible for RX300 devices that are already under warranty and must be applied to a specific device. Once the extended warranty has been allocated, it cannot be changed/removed.
Admins can log in to the Management Portal --> My Devices and click the ‘Serial No.’ of the device for the details. Automated email reminders will be sent approximately 30 days prior to the current device warranty expiration date.
vSpace Console is the central management interface for the vSpace Pro environment. vSpace Console is where admins can centrally manage vSpace deployment with device management features.
- Define device configuration profiles and push to hundreds of RX300 with few clicks for deployment
- Push device firmware update remotely
- Real-time user session management with remote assist, monitoring and communication
Quick Install Guide for RX300
RX300 Settings Guide
RX300 Demo: Applications
RX300 Demo: Video Performance
DVI or VGA Dual-Display adapters, and a VESA mount.
Here's what our clients have to say
The response has been so overwhelmingly positive
that we decided to share with you some of the kind words.
Head of Information Technology Systems