vSpace Pro Ads Edition
Is this for me?
Affordable desktop virtualization has always been our guiding principle. However, software development is an expensive proposition. vSpace Pro Ads incorporates advertisements into the experience, allowing us to offer a 'free' virtualization platform that helps offset the costs associated with ongoing research and development.
vSpace Pro Ads is compatible with the following devices with no additional NComputing licenses, regardless of the manufacture date.
If you prefer to avoid advertising, please consider using vSpace Pro Enterprise or vSpace Pro LTS.
Supported operating systems and endpoints
vSpace Pro Ads can be used with the following endpoints and operating systems.
- L250, L300, L350
- MX100D, MX100S
- RX300, RX300+
- vSpace Pro Client for Windows*
- vSpace Pro Client for Chromebook*
* Require vSpace Pro Software client licenses (SKU: vSpacePro-SW-1A)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2 U1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 10 (64-bit)*
- Windows 7 (64-bit)*
* 1:1 VDI supported access clients
vSpace Pro Ads includes vSpace Console–software to manage your deployment's connected user sessions and devices. We also provide a free web-based Management Portal account to help manage all your hardware warranties, deployed assets, and more. It's all there.
How do the advertisements work?
During a vSpace session, advertisements will appear on the screen. The user can resume their session immediately by clicking on the ad or wait for it to time out. It's also possible to use the Snooze feature to defer the advertisements for a short period of time.
The content, duration, and frequency of ad displays are variable and subject to change, as is the availability of the Snooze feature.
Limitations and Restrictions
vSpace Pro Ads is not a free version of vSpace Pro Enterprise.
- vSpace Pro Ads supports up to 5 concurrent user sessions.
- The vSpace Pro Ads feature set is identical to vSpace Pro LTS, not vSpace Pro Enterprise
- There is no offline registration process
- The host computer must have an active internet connection or user sessions will be disrupted.
- There is no upgrade/downgrade path from other vSpace Pro versions. Before installing vSpace Pro Ads, all existing versions of vSpace Pro need to be uninstalled from the host machine.
- Create your NComputing Management Portal account if you don’t have one. Skip this step if you already have a NComputing Management Portal account for your organization.
- Download the latest vSpace Pro Ads Edition from the software download page.
- Run vSpace Pro Ads Edition installer on the host machine where you want to have vSpace Pro Ads Edition installed. You will be prompted to restart the host machine once the installation is completed.
- After the host machine restart, vSpace Pro Ads software (vSpace Manager) will automatically get launched and prompt you to perform a one-time online registration using your NComputing Management Portal account (created from step 1 above). Once the registration is completed, users can then connect to vSpace Pro server to access their virtual desktops.
vSpace Pro Editions
For a more detailed view of the differences between the three editions, please see this Knowledge Base article.
|Licensing & Accessibility||Free for eligible devices with advertisements.||Free for eligible devices, licensing may be required.||Requires AMP licensing & compliance.|
(Maximum concurrent session limit per vSpace server software, subject to hardware capabilities)
|Up to 5||Up to 100
(A ceiling of 40 concurrent sessions is recommended for optimal virtualization performance)
|Latest Windows OS support
(For a full list of supported operating systems click here)
|Managed by vSpace Console|
|Managed by PMC (RX/RX/LEAF OS devices only)||-||-|
|Support for Speakers, printers, signature pads, COM ports|
|Enhanced smart cards, smart boards, and multi-touch screens support.||-||-|
|Microsoft Teams conference call support||-||-|
|UXP Turbo protocol support||-||-|
|System Health Monitoring||-||-|