HOW TO: Enable Kiosk Mode for vSpace 6 in Windows 7
This article is intended for use with the following NComputing products:
- NComputing Software: vSpace 18.104.22.168
- NComputing Access Devices: L-series, M-series
Kiosk Mode enables an NComputing device to launch directly into a specific application in Windows rather than presenting the standard Windows Desktop experience. This feature is available without any OS-side configuration for Server 2008R2 and WMS, but requires a registry edit to function in Windows 7. This registry edit is outlined in detail below:
- From the host computer, click the Start button and type the following into the "Search Programs and Files" field without the quotation marks: "regedit"
- From the Registry Editor window, navigate as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Terminal Server
- Right-click on the "Terminal Server" category and select "New -> DWORD Value"
- Name the new DWORD Value "HonorLegacySettings" (without the quotation marks)
- Right-click on the "HonorLegacySettings" value and select "Modify"
- Enter the following Hexadecimal value: 1
Close the Registry Editor to complete this process and reboot your host. From your L-series and M-series devices, you may now enter the folder path for an application to be launched on startup in place of the standard Windows Desktop. For more information on the use of Kiosk Mode, consult the L-series and M-series User Guides in the Documentation Section of the NComputing website.