HOW TO: Using NIMBLE Online Assessment in an NComputing Environment
This guide is intended for users who wish to provide access to NIMBLE Online Assessment for multiple simultaneous users in an NComputing vSpace 6 environment. This configuration has been tested and verified for use with L-series and M-series devices connected to a vSpace 6 server. Attached to this article is a zip archive containing the following files necessary for this configuration:
- A shortcut file titled "NIMBLE Online Assessment"
- A shortcut file titled "Shortcut"
- A visual basic script file titled "NIMBLE.vbs"
To begin, download the zip file containing these assets and then follow the steps below.
- Extract the contents of the archive to a convenient folder on your vSpace 6 server.
- Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Desktop. There should be a shortcut in this folder named “NIMBLE Online Assessment”. Delete this shortcut.
- Place the extracted shortcut named “NIMBLE Online Assessment” into the C:\Users\Public\Desktop folder.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NIMBLE Online Assessment\188.8.131.52\
- Place the extracted shortcut named “Shortcut” and the visual basic script named “NIMBLE.vbs” into C:\Program Files (x86)\NIMBLE Online Assessment\184.108.40.206
At this point, when NIMBLE is run through the shortcut on the desktop, it will automatically create a separate folder for each unique client session. This should allow for unimpeded use of the NIMBLE application among multiple simultaneous users.