HOW TO: Apply Session Roaming patch with N-series Firmware v1.3.7
An optional patch is available for N-series firmware version 1.3.7 that affects the ability to move from one N-series device to another, while maintaining the same Citrix environment sessions between the two. By default, if a user were to move from device A to device B without logging out of the session, and device B were to have a different resolution than device A, device B would automatically adjust to the resolution settings that the session was originally opened under. This has the added effect of minimizing any open applications in the process.
Applying this patch causes the second device (B) NOT to adjust its resolution settings. This has the effect of allowing users to roam from one device to another without their open applications being minimized, but does NOT adjust for any differences in device resolution settings. It should be noted that in some situations, the full desktop environment may be somewhat truncated if this patch is applied.
This patch can be applied to the N-series device(s) via FTP/HTTP download, or from vSpace Management Center as outlined in the following sections of this article:
Applying the Patch via vSpace Management Center:
The following steps assume that you have a vSpace Management Center server within your network. If you do not have a vSpace Management Center server, you can use the HTTP / FTP method below.
- From your vSpace Management Center Server, download the Auto Reconnect patch file from this article (Nxxx_reconnect_1.0.tar.gz).
- Open your browser and log in to your vSpace Management Center server.
- Open the Administration drop down along the top of the page and select "Manage Firmware".
- Use the Browse button to locate and select the patch file you downloaded.
- Once you've added this patch to your available firmware files, open the "Device Management" drop down along the top of the page and select "Manage Devices".
- Locate the device you wish to apply this patch to and click the "View/Edit Configuration" button to the right of that device.
- Select the "Firmware Update" tab and select the patch file, then select the "Summary" tab and click "Apply".
Your device will reboot once the patch is complete. Note that you can also apply the patch to multiple devices using the Profile feature in vSpace Management Center.
Applying the Patch via FTP / HTTP:
The following steps assume you are familiar with hosting files via FTP / HTTP. If you are not familiar with hosting files in this way, you can refer to the "Setting Up an FTP Host" and "Filezilla Example Setup" sections of this KB Guide.
- From your FTP/HTTP host, download the Auto Reconnect patch file from this article (Nxxx_reconnect_1.0.tar.gz).
- Boot your N-series device and navigate to the configuration menu via the gear icon to the bottom left of the Citrix Receiver screen.
- Select the "General" tab.
- Under the "Firmware" section of this tab, select "URL Manual" from the Update drop-down menu.
- Enter your FTP user name and password information in the fields provided.
- In the URL field, enter the FTP address of the patch file you wish to use and click the "Update Firmware" button.
Once the download is complete, the patch will be applied and the device will reboot.